WORK IN A FAMILY-OWNED BUSINESS
TUMAG Câbles is an industrial family company managed, since its creation in 1977, by the same family.
What is a family-owned business?
These are the majority of companies. In general, most of the capital belongs to the founder and his family, or his descendants. It is run by a family member with relatives in management positions.
While listed companies are subject to the diktat of the stock market calendar, and their management horizon is that of half-yearly or even quarterly results, family businesses are part of a long-term vision of their assets. This is a concern for sustainability that offers many advantages :
– Stability : family-owned businesses, as shown by studies, are half as likely to file for bankruptcy as others.
– Solidity : in the event of a lasting economic crisis or temporary difficulties, it is established that family businesses fare better than others..
– Prudence : growth is often self-financing and thanks to the low dividend distribution rate. The managers refuse risky arrangements.
– Investment : A significant part of the profits made is set aside to strengthen the equity and cash flow. Family capitalism is wiser than stock market capitalism.
Le management des PME familiales est plus efficace. La prise de décision y est plus facile et rapide de part la facilité de concertation entre les dirigeants et les actionnaires (qui peuvent être les mêmes).
The management of family businesses is more efficient. Decision-making is easier and faster because of the ease of consultation between managers and shareholders (who can be the same). Management is closer to employees; dialogue is more humane, which can overcome difficulties. In addition, employee loyalty and attachment are often stronger. The personality of the founder, his personal history which merges with that of the company, allows and facilitates the projection of all the staff in an important evolution project.
TUMAG Câbles has an active human resources policy aimed at offering its employees the best possible working conditions. For the company, this is a central element in its general development strategy based on the following three main axes:
Promote an effective and motivating compensation policy
The remuneration system introduced by TUMAG Câbles aims to remunerate employees according to the value of the work they do. It is an additional motivating factor that rewards employees for their participation in achieving the company’s objectives.
This policy is translated into concrete daily and local actions such as (gifts, assistance, etc…) but also through concrete measures allowing social coverage in accordance with the provisions of the Labour Code including CNSS coverage, a mutual insurance company as well as a complementary CIMR.
Develop a training and qualification policy
The training policy is a central element of human resources management within TUMAG Câbles. The objective underlying the training effort is based on a desire to develop human capital and continuously improve skills.
In this sense, the training actions undertaken are the result of:
– a training plan defined and developed upstream by the general management with the support of the human resources department. This plan provides, for each of the major areas of expertise developed within the company, training cycles around adapted themes;
– individual training requests identified mainly during the evaluation interviews in an ad hoc form which is subsequently consolidated at company level.
Establish management by objectives with annual evaluations
« “If you don’t know where you’re going, you have a good chance of getting somewhere else.”.
TUMAG Câbles has set up an objective-based management system to clarify what the organization intends to do and to evaluate its effectiveness. At the level of employees, the setting of objectives must :
– encourage them to act, innovate and change,
– strengthen their individual motivation by giving meaning, weight and ambition to each action,
– focus their energies on specific results while avoiding dispersion,
– provide a solid benchmark for medium-term priority setting,
– constitute a clear and accepted contract on a result to be achieved within a specified time frame
The setting of objectives is logically followed by an evaluation of their degree of achievement. Thus, annual evaluations are scheduled and provide a reliable means of control to assess any discrepancies between the results obtained and the expected results.
In addition to being a means of monitoring and dialogue, these annual evaluations are also an opportunity to measure employee satisfaction.
ORGANIZATION AND MANAGEMENT TOOLS
TUMAG Câbles has a human resources department that reports directly to the general management.
TUMAG Câbles is based on a “business” reference framework for employment and skills. This reference framework is a tool that makes it possible not only to manage job management, but also to evaluate and validate skills, or to develop and prescribe training products and services.
The employee specifications based on this reference framework make it possible to:
– specify the role, main responsibilities and activities of the position;
– identify the priority requirements for achieving the expected services;
– identify the set of knowledge and skills required to satisfactorily carry out the responsibilities of the position;
– clearly communicate to the incumbent the role and expected performance in his/her position.
Recruitment is generally carried out according to the following procedure :
1. Application through our website or any other appropriate means.
2. First evaluation and analysis of the application by a committee to be defined according to the position to be filled or re-filled.
3. in case of interest, invitation to an interview with the committee concerned by the recruitment.
The interview must make it possible to gather and communicate information to the candidate according to the following elements:
– Reception of the candidate, information about the company and the position;
– Motivation and interest in the company and the position;
– Relevance of the training;
– Relevance of the experience;
– Concrete scenarios related to the operational tasks of the position;
– Personal characteristics;
4. Depending on the outcome of the interview, a job offer is proposed to the candidate
5. Implementation of the integration and training program
Below is a description of the positions to be filled.
We remain open to spontaneous applications all year round.
Please complete the application form in the “Apply” tab.